Paperless Data Viewer
The UNOFFICIAL Elan Paperless Data Viewer is a small standalone
utility for PerkinElmer ELAN 6000/9000/DRC/DRC+/DRC-e/DRC II
and NEXION 300Q/X/D/S users. It has two main features:
1. It allows the
user to view a scrolling table of results during a quantitative
analysis run. The table is updated after each sample is analyzed.
2. It can export the results to a Microsoft Excel 97/xp/2003 file,
with isotopes in columns and sample IDs in rows--like the old Elan
5000 software. The results can also be exported after the data is
The program has been
tested under Windows 2000/XP SP2/XP SP3/Vista/7. Windows NT probably
won't work but give it a try and let us know. It will not work under
Windows 95/98/ME. However, the Report Options Template should work
under any version of Elan software.
This program is
fully functional. It is free of any adware, nagware, or any other
restrictions. However, if you find the program useful you are asked
to donate USD $25 for each installed seat to Charles Burroughs, a
brilliant, young, self-taught programmer.
The UNOFFICIAL Elan
Paperless Data Viewer was inspired by an experimental PerkinElmer
utility. However, it was limited to processing 100 samples and was
slow and buggy. The UNOFFICIAL Elan Paperless Data Viewer overcomes
Version 0.91--Released November 1, 2010
1. Bugfix: In some of the worksheets, the program did not process
the last record.
2. Added support for multiple instances of the program (enabled by
default, but can be turned off).
3. “freeze panes” automatically added to the saved Excel file.
4. Added support for additional fields (e.g. Batch ID and Sample
5. Added the ability to toggle export of Batch ID and Sample
6. Updated the report options template to support Batch ID and
7. Added a context menu to the grid to view the calibration details.
0.90--Released July 14, 2010
1. First public release.
1. Unreleased beta.