Selected Papers: [Asterisk (*) denote students]
- Gramacy, R., Gray, G., Le Digabel, S., Lee, H., Ranjan, P., Wells, G., and Wild, S. (2015), ``Modeling an Augmented Lagrangian for Improved Blackbox Constrained Optimization", (submitted to Technometrics arXiv:1403.4890).
- *MacDonald, K.B., Ranjan, P. and Chipman, H. (2015), ``GPfit: An R package for Fitting a
Gaussian Process Model to Deterministic Simulator Outputs" Journal of Statistical Software, 64 (12), 1--23.[pdf].
- Ranjan, P. and *Spencer, N. (2014), ``Space-filling Latin Hypercube Designs based on Randomization Restrictions in Factorial Experiments”, Statis. & Prob. Letters, 94, 239-247.[pdf]
- Agarwal, R., and Ranjan, P. (2014). A New Tree-Based Classifier for Satellite Images. In J. Wang (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Business Analytics and Optimization (pp. 30-38). Hershey, PA: Business Science Reference. doi:10.4018/978-1-4666-5202-6.ch003 [download or email].
- *Butler, A., Haynes, R., Humphries, T.D., and Ranjan, P. (2014) "Efficient Optimization of the Likelihood Function in Gaussian Process Modeling", Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 73, 40--52. [pdf]
- Bingham, D., Ranjan, P., and Welch, W. (2014) "Sequential design of computer experiments for optimization, estimating contours, and related objectives", Chapter 7 in - Statistics in Action: A Canadian Outlook. pp 109 -- 124. [pdf]
- Ranjan, P. and Spencer, N. (2013), ``A Unified Approach to Factorial Designs with Ran-
domization Restrictions” In Calcutta Statistical Association Bulletin, Vol. 65 (Special 8th
Triennial Symposium Proceedings Volume), Nos. 257-260, pp 43–62.[pdf]
- Agarwal, R., Ranjan, P. and Chipman, H. (2013), ``A new Bayesian ensemble of trees classifier for identifying multi-class labels in satellite images" Canadian Journal of Remote Sensing, 39(6), 507--520. [pdf]
- Ranjan, P. (2013), ``Comment: EI Criteria for Noisy Computer Simulators" – Discussion of `Quantile-Based Optimization of Noisy Computer Experiments with Tunable Precision' by Picheny, V., Ginsbourger, D., Richet, Y. and Caplin, G., Technometrics, 55(1),24-28.[pdf]
- *Franey, M., Ranjan, P. and Chipman, H. (2012), ``A Short Note on Gaussian Process Modeling for Large Datasets using Graphics Processing Units" (arXiv:1203.1269 [stat.CO]).
- Chipman, H., Ranjan, P. and *Wang, W. (2012), ``Sequential Design for Computer Experiments with a Flexible Bayesian Additive Model", Canadian Journal of Statistics, 40(4), 663--678 [pdf]
- Linkletter C. D., Ranjan, P., Lin, C. D., Bingham, D. R., Brenneman, W. A., Lockhart, R. A. and Loughin, T. M. (2012), ``Compliance Testing for Random Effects Models with Joint Acceptance Criterion" Technometrics, 54(3), 243--255. [pdf]
- Ranjan, P., Haynes, R. and Karsten, R. (2011), ``A Computationally Stable Approach to Gaussian Process Interpolation of Deterministic Computer Simulation Data", Technometrics, 53, 366-378. [pdf]
- Ranjan, P., Lu, W., Bingham, D., Reese, S., Williams, B. J., Chou, C-C., Doss, F.,
Grosskopf, M. and Holloway, J. P. (2011), "Follow-up Experiment Designs for Computer
Models and Physical Processes", (Special issue on Design of Experiments by Angela Dean,
Dibyen Majumdar and William Li) Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice, 5(1), 119-136. [pdf]
- *Franey, M., Ranjan, P. and Chipman, H. (2011), ``Branch and Bound Algorithms for Maximizing Expected Improvement Functions" Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 141, 42 - 55. [pdf]
- Ranjan, P. (2010), "Comment on Article by Vernon et al." – Discussion of 'Galaxy Formation: a Bayesian Uncertainty Analysis' by Vernon, Goldstein and Bower, Bayesian
Analysis, 5(4), 677-682. [pdf]
- *Ritcey, D. and Ranjan, P. (2010), ``Statistical Models for the Banker's Offer in Deal or No Deal", The Atlantic Electronic Journal of Mathematics, 4, 1-22. [pdf]
- Ranjan, P., Bingham, D. and Mukerjee, R. (2010), ``Stars and Regular Fractional Factorial Designs with Randomization Restrictions", Statistica Sinica, 20(4), 1637 - 1653. [pdf]
- Ranjan, P., Bingham, D. and Dean, A. (2009), ``Existence and Construction of Randomization Defining Contrast Subspaces for Regular Factorial Designs", The Annals of Statistics, 37 (6A), 3580-99. [pdf]
- Mandal, A., Ranjan, P. and Wu, C.F.J. (2009), ``G-SELC: Optimization by Sequential Elimination of Level Combinations using Genetic
Algorithms and Gaussian Processes", The Annals of Applied Statistics, 3 (1), 398-421. [pdf]
- Ranjan, P., Bingham, D. and Michailidis, G. (2008), ``Sequential Experiment Design for Contour Estimation from Complex Computer Codes", Technometrics 50 (4), 527-541. [pdf, some Errata]
Posters: presented at conferences
- Design and Analysis of Experiments (DAE) 2012, Athens, Georgia [pdf]
- Statistical Society of Canada (SSC) meetings - 2009, Vancouver [pdf]
Factorial and Fractional Factorial Designs with Randomization Restrictions -
A Projective Geometric Approach, Simon Fraser University.