BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (MAJOR)
- 6h English or one language other than English
- 6h from the Faculty of Arts (not Econ 2613 , 2623 , Soci 3103 )
- 6h from either the Faculty of Arts (not Econ 2613 / 2623 or Soci 3103 ) or the
Faculty of Professional Studies or 3h from each.
- 6h in mathematics
- 72h additional in subjects in the Faculty of Pure and Applied Science
- A major is a minimum of 48h with a minor of 12h in another subject; or of 45h with a
minor of 15h in another subject, or of 42h with a minor of 18h in another subject, or of
36h with two minors of 18h each in two different subjects. [Exception: Geology majors may
offer minors in the following subjects only: biology, chemistry, computer science,
engineering, mathematics and statistics, and physics Mathematics and
statistics majors may have minors in any subject
area but must include at least 6h at the 2000-level]
- 24h additional elective hours
- 120h are required in all. Of these at least 48h must not be in the major subject. 72h,
including those offered to fulfill major and minor requirements must be completed with a
grade of C- or better.
- A minimum program GPA of 2.00 is required to be eligible to graduate.
The Bachelor of Science (major) is offered in the departments of biology, chemistry,
geology, mathematics and statistics, physics, and psychology.
[Table of Contents]
Web Version published by: The Office of the Registrar